People enter a brotherhood for different reasons. Some join for personal fulfillment, while others are for fame.
Since there are hundreds of fraternities out there, selecting the perfect one would be a daunting task. But don’t worry; the following points will help you land in your destined sorority.
- What is Your Mantra. You need to understand your goal of joining a fraternity. Doing this ensures that you are not just wasting your time and resources.
- Attend Parties. Another way to gauge if the group is right is to attend their parties and events. Spending a night or two with the members is quite enough to know if their personalities fit yours.
- Bullets. After you attended frat events, your next task is to write the top five groups. Just tag the groups according to their impact on your life, and you are good to go.
- Choose. Of course, after considering the previous steps, you have to choose which fraternity suit to your visions and aspirations in life.
What are the Things That Spell a Bad Brotherhood
Unfortunately, there are lots of groups that are detrimental. Instead of helping you out, these fraternities will actually make your life miserable. Hence, you must know the red flags up front. Otherwise, you’ll get succumbed with the evils of these gangs.
Here are some of the indicators of a destructive brotherhood.
- No Pain, No Gain. If you encounter a fraternity which requires your blood more than the commitment, you must keep away immediately.
- Money Deal. Some will also attempt to ask funds, not once, but several times. If this is the case, better cut off the connection soon.
- Drinks and Good Times. Some groups spend good times in the bar more than attending classes; you must keep away from them. Remember that apart from the brotherhood, your future must be your utmost priority.